Conditions are typically characterized by pain, aching, stiffness and swelling in and around one or more joints.
- Arthritis” defines around 200 rheumatic disease and conditions that affect joints.
- Rheumatic diseases include various types of arthritis, as well as osteoporosis and systemic connective tissue diseases.
- Types of arthritis such as lupus and rheumatoid arthritis affect multiple organs and cause a long list of symptoms.
- According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), 52.5 million adults report having been diagnosed by their doctor with some form of arthritis.
- Arthritis can impair a person’s ability to perform “everyday” tasks.
- Physical activity has a positive effect on arthritis and can improve pain, function and mental health.
- The most common comorbid condition experienced with arthritis is heart disease.
- Factors in the development of arthritis include injury, abnormal metabolism, genetic makeup, infections and immune system dysfunction.
- Treatment for arthritis aims to control pain, minimize joint damage and improve or maintain quality of life.
- Arthritis is treated with a combination of medications, physical therapies and patient education and support.
Sign and Symptom:
Pain from arthritis can be constant, or it may come and go. Pain might be isolated to one place or felt in many parts of the body.
Some types of arthritis cause the skin over the affected joint to become red and swollen, and to feel warm to the touch.
Stiffness is a typical arthritis symptom, with some forms of arthritis causing increased stiffness upon waking up in the morning, after sitting at a desk, or after sitting in a car for a long time, and others resulting in stiffness after exercise or characterized by persistent stiffness.
- Difficulty moving a joint.
Moving a joint or getting up from a chair should not be hard or painful and can indicate arthritis or other joint problem.
Exercise Video for Arthritis:
4 Yoga Poses to improve immune system
Credit to: Youtube
Body and Spirit with Dick Nunez – Arthritis
Credit to: Youtube
Types of Medication
Vitamins & Minerals
|Vitamins / Minerals||Dosage|
||2000 mg 2 tablets / Day|
||600 mg 1-3 capsules / Day|
|Methylsulfonylmethane (MSM)||1000 mg 2 capsules 1-2 times / Day|
||500 mg 1 tablet 2 times / Day|
Foods to Avoid
- Fried & Processed Foods
- Grilled foods
- Fried foods
- Sugars & Refined Carbs
- Dairy Products
- Alcohol & Tobacco
- Corn Oil
- Salt & Preservatives
- Brussels sprouts
- Fatty fish
- Tart cherries
Traditional Chinese Medicine
Parameter of Arthritis
Parameter of Arthritis (40 years old & above)
All the above mentioned parameters and the following one:
BOOK AN APPOINTMENT
Make an appointment with our consultant to look into your medical issue. We will contact you shortly to gather further information and set a date for you. Fill up the appointment form to book now.